Friday, June 6, 2008

The Proof is in the Echo Farms Pudding

A few days ago at the grocery store, I forgot to pick up more of my usual delicious Kozy Shack Original Rice Pudding before I headed upstairs to the organic floor. It seemed like too much effort to drag my basket downstairs, where the lines for the check out are usually longer anyway, so I figured I'd pick up something new. Echo Farm Pudding's Royal's Rice seemed to do the trick. It was not terribly expensive (under $3 for a 16 oz. vat, which is even cheaper than Kozy Shack if I recall correctly) and the product is Humane Certified. Nice.

Of course, what matters most is how it tastes, and I am pleased to say that it is pretty yummy. The pudding is not nearly as thick and creamy as Kozy Shack Original, but the rice felt good on my tongue anyway. It has the perfect balance of cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg, which is why I think I liked it so much. I would definitely buy this again. It comes in individual servings, too, which makes it good to pack with lunch. I am also very intrigued by the other flavors advertised on the Echo Farms website, which includes Indian Pudding (as in Native American Indians, not Indian Indians) and Coconut Cream. Mmmmm....

No comments: