Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Siggi's Icelandic Style Skyr



For a special treat, I spent a gazillion dollars ($2.69) on siggi's Icelandic style skyr strained non-fat yogurt at Whole Foods. I read a little blurb about it in New York Magazine a few weeks ago, and when confronted with the 6 oz container of pomegranate & passion fruit, I decided to give it a whirl. It is as good as Greek yogurt, although I'm not sure better. The flavor was not nearly as sweet as I prefer. Still, it is nice and thick. Since it was a couple of bucks and not exactly nirvana, I probably won't buy it again, but I'm still glad I indulged.


Originally posted in part at CUSS & Other Rants

1 comment:

karrie said...

You should try the Skyr sold at Whole Foods that includes it's own plastic folding spoon in the lid. I believe it is simply called Skyr. Much, much better than this brand. I lived on it every time I stopped in Iceland, back in the dairy days.