Saturday, March 1, 2008

Greek Gods Plain Nonfat Yogurt



If you are going to name a yogurt after Poseidon, as The Greek Gods brand did for their nonfat plain yogurt, it better be really good. The last thing you want is a tidal wave or band of angry crabs unleashed upon your yogurt factory. Fortunately, I can attest to the excellence of Greek Gods nonfat plain yogurt.

The yogurt is appropriately think and smooth. It has some of the sourness of plain yogurt, but not too much. I could have eaten it plain, but chose to increase my calorie intake by adding teaspoon of jam to it. I thoroughly enjoyed every spoonful of the 6 oz. cup. The yogurt cost me $1.59 at Whole Foods, so it was not cheap, but significantly less expensive per ounce than siggi's, and also cheaper than Fage.

There are other yogurts that give you more slightly calcium, but I thought that 25% of the RDA is a very good amount. At only 60 calories and no fat, this is a great yogurt choice, especially for those looking for a thick and only moderately sour way to get some calcium. I think I might like Fage a bit more, but for the price, Greek Gods does very well. Poseidon should be proud.

1 comment:

muebles en pozuelo de alarcon said...

Well, I don't actually consider this is likely to have success.