Sunday, April 27, 2008

Coach Farms Yo-Goat

Coach Farms Yo-Goat not only has a hilarious name to make it stand out, it is also very unique. It is a drinkable yogurt, and therefore is very thin. I didn't get a sense that I was consuming yogurt as I gulped it down. Lassis and kefirs are much thicker.

The flavor I tried was strawberry, but it was so lightly sweetened that I didn't taste any fruitiness at all. There was a slight aftertaste at first that made me think of soft goat cheese. I didn't notice the cheese-flavor as much as I consumed more, though.

Yo-Goat has a lot of calcium (30% of the RDA), a moderately high fat content (8 g), medium amount of calories (160 calories), and a reasonable amount of carbs (15 g), but no fiber. These days, most commercially sold yogurts come in 6 ounce containers, but Yo-Goat is a full cup (8 oz). It cost me $1.69 at my local grocery store, Fairway. Hence it holds its own against the other yogurts out there.

If you are seeking a unique drinkable yogurt, I'd definitely recommend Yo-Goat. I'm not sure if I'd buy it again for myself, but I think it would be good for days when I am traveling and need a yogurt that does not require a spoon, so we shall see.

2 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

What a great topic for a blog!

Suzanne said...

Thanks Kalyn! I just so love yogurt...