Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pudding in "The New York Times"

Although all my posts on this blog have thus far been about yogurt, my original plan was to also review delicious, creamy, thick, and luscious puddings. I adore pudding. Perhaps a decadent chocolate pudding garners less respect amongst dessert-a-holics than rich chocolate cake, but it (or any flavor pudding) is just about the perfect way to finish a meal (or have a snack) in my mind.

It seems like my enthusiasm for pudding is more than matched by Melissa Clark. Her article, "You Call That Pudding, Grandma?" in today's New York Times explores many mouth-watering versions of chocolate pudding. I want all of them, except for maybe the spicy flan.

Clark's article inspired me to get my act together and round up some puddings to write about. I was supposed to eat many delicious treacles, custards, and puddings while I was in London in March, but somehow managed to not eat anywhere in which these traditional treats were served. (Meaning: I ate at a lot of fast food places, although in retrospect, I bet Pret a Manger serves up something good. Their fresh yogurts, which I ate many of and neglected to review, are superb.) Back in the US, I've only had Kozy Shack rice (and once, accidentally although pleasaingly, tapioca) pudding. This is good stuff, but not as motivating to write about as the goat's milk yogurt that I have waiting for me at home. From now, on I pledge some pudding reviews.

No comments: