Sunday, April 13, 2008

Greek Gods Redux

I was tempted by the Greek Gods yogurt after Suzanne's review, and I saw that they had a honey yogurt. I mistakenly assumed it was a honey yogurt in the style of Nancy's Honey yogurt, which is a favorite in our house (and the subject of my next post). It is, however, just a honey flavored Greek yogurt. Well, I thought it was delicious! It has a delicate flavor and a thick, creamy texture, almost like pudding or flan. I am not a yogurt afficionado -- I'm perfectly happy with Yoplait -- so I haven't had too many fancy yogurts. What this reminded me of more than anything was one of the strained yogurts I've had at various Middle Eastern restaurants. It's approximately the same consistency of the Lebanese yogurt dish labneh. I would absolutely buy this one again, and I may have to if my husband eats the rest of it. Incidentally, I think it might make an excellent smoothie with a banana and a scoop of peanut butter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzanne said...

I love the idea for a smoothie! I'm so glad that the yogurt was as good for you as it was for me. Heh heh.