Friday, April 11, 2008

St. Benoit

IMG_1370IMG_1371

St. Benoit home page

I bought this yogurt primarily because I wanted to contribute to this blog. Also, it came in a cool ceramic container. It is described as an "artisinal, French-style yogurt made in small batches." The container is supposed to be one serving, but with 9 grams of fat, I decided to call it two servings and round out my mid-morning snack with some fruit.

There were three varieties on the shelf (the others were plain and strawberry), and I bought the Meyer lemon. It has a medium-thick, slighty grainly texture and is not as sweet as I initially expected. It isn't overly tart, though, and tastes strongly of Meyer lemons, which are sweeter and less acidic than regular lemons.

Overall, I would say I enjoyed this yogurt, but at over $2.50 for one serving and with the high fat and calorie content, I will probably not be purchasing it again. I will, however, find a use for the cool container!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

It certainly is beautifully packaged! I'm going to look for it here. I've never seen that brand, but once in a while, I'm willing to go for the full fat treatment to try a cool flavor like Meyer Lemon!