Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pavel's Russian yogurt

I was curious to try this yogurt for two reasons. First, at my local grocery stores, there is a lot of variety in yogurt brands, but every store I go to carries Pavel's. Second, I had a co-worker at my old job who brought her lunch in a Pavel's yogurt container every day for five years. I never figured out whether that one container lasted five years or whether she replaced it periodically with newer containers.

Anyway, I'm padding this a little bit because I was somewhat unimpressed with the yogurt itself. I bought the low-fat version, which may have contributed to my disappointment, but especially compared to the last two yogurts I reviewed, this one seemed thin and watery. It didn't even have an especially tangy flavor to make up for the consistency. I stirred it quite a bit when I first opened it, but it still didn't get smooth. I stirred in some jam and it was certainly pleasant and palatable, but not something I'll seek out again.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Russian yogurt? While your experience with it was not the best, I'm intrigued by the idea. I love how every culture seems to have its own yogurt.

Anonymous said...

Look What I Found...Preview These Gorgeous Beauties ... CLICK HERE

the sexual said...

It cannot succeed as a matter of fact, that's what I suppose.

Morgan said...

I just tried Russian yogurt (also Pavel's) for the first time. While I can see how it can be unappealing by itself, it was delicious with some muesli and honey. I find it easier to eat (a little less tart and not so thick) compared to Greek yogurt.

Anonymous said...

First off, consider why the commercial yogurts are thisck. It isn't the nature of the yogurt. It is the additives that make it thick. Pavels yogurt reminds me of what yogurt would taste like if my mother had made it.